Sunday 29 May 2011

DAY FORTY FOUR - DOES EVERYTHING I DO HAVE TO TAKE SO MUCH EFFORT?

Today the sun shone for a few hours ....must of heard my warning yesterday and thought better of ticking me off!  My friend came over again today and her and I made a big dent in the ground breaking stuff.  Lots of digging, weeding and cultivating.  Geoff was able to get the scrap wood cut up and put away.  I have one of the shed doors fully painted - 2 coats both sides and the clear coat sealer on top of that done and dried.  I was able to get the front side of the second door painted with 2 coats so that means tomorrow I will need to paint the back side of the door- 2 coats and wait till it is completely dry and paint on the clear coat.  Then the doors are ready to be hung....lol so much fun.  Anyways, last trip to the surgeon I had lost between 8.5 and 9.5 lbs (depends which doctor's scale is being used) in which he was pleased (this was last Wednesday).  He said a few things at this appointment which I didn't really think was seriously important just tucked away for good measure....wrong!  He said "DO NOT SWEAT!"  I said "But I live in Ontario and it's the end of May" he didn't find it funny but neither did I.  Thank God central air conditioning is being installed tomorrow or I might be in big trouble. He also said that hair loss would start to happen at about 3 months to 8 months but not to panic I would not go bald!  Ok this is more concerning but he said it would stabalize.  He said that once hair loss occurs then weight loss will be more challenging.  He said that my weight reduction will be directly reflected in my effort.  Well, I determined then and there that Monday May 30 was my first day back to the gym!  Oh yeah baby!  Except I now understand what he meant by don't sweat.  I worked for about 15 - 20 mins shovelling, hoeing, and raking at the back garden when the sweat broke out....very shortly after that I had to sit down cause things started spinning and nausea was visiting.  Will this happen everytime I exert some energy?  Sat and rested for awhile then did a few other thing and went back at it...same deal.  I am not happy with this new revelation.  I drank my ice tea, I drank water but I am guessing it wasn't enough.  How do you drink more when you are so full! Someone please enlighten me.  So after all of that I am a little nervous about the gym.  I think I will go but just start slow....doctor said to start with treadmill or eliptical and no weights yet so thats what I will do.  Still have way more yard stuff to get done but it is coming along.  Stepped on the scale today and am done another 4.8 lbs since last Wednesday.  Woo hoo, bring on the summer!  Oh and the greatest thing for today is my hot tub is filled and is up to perfect temperature!  Time to hot tub!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment