Wednesday 8 June 2011

Day Fifty Four - Writer's Block verses Exhaustion

 Dear Blog followers
Please let me start by apologizing for not writing for a week, but last Thursday I was sent home from work and taken to the hospital.  I was put on IV and rehydrated.  I could not intake enough fluids to rehydrate myself and needed some extra help.  I was released and needed to return the next day for more extra fluid help.  This heat and dehydration thing is definitely gonna be a challenge.  I have been super busy plus just so exhausted at night that I can't even think to write a blog let alone a sentence.  Today the hottest day to date so far this year and my central air is not working.  I am melting, I can feel the energy slipping away.  Been on the couch since I got home today and just can't seem to move.  I dizzy spells have slowed down but have not stopped completely.  I have realized that I can only do a little bit then I need to sit down and drink and chill.  I just hated the cold weather and the rain so I am trying very hard not to complain about the heat.  I thought I had all the "bathroom orchestra" issues under control but since the hospital last week I am having the constipation musical replay.  Today I headed for the ladies room at work thinking the entire way there..."oh this isn't gonna be good" and well, no disappointment folks.....each and every member of the bowl band showed up and just in time for the afternoon break rush!  My feet were off the floor and up the door faster than you could blink.....I have tattoos on my feet and they are definitely recognizable and well with the "off tune tooting" going on I really don't wanna be linked to that musical parade.  My musical had a brief intermission and then started right back up again.  I guess practice makes perfect right!  I think the band was just trying to warm things up for me....you know a trial run.  Except there was no run, 2 mins, 4 mins, 6 mins nothing....10 mins something but then the pain joined the band.  Now I am suffering in pain with a musical interlude literally coming from behind....my behind that is.  Finally the pain began to subside and I was able to go.  This was the upsetting part, I have not eaten very much solid food since last week and accordingly the proceeds should be of a softer nature.....WRONG!!!!! I was wondering if I ate a glass bottle or chopped on a rose bush for dinner last night.  The term "tearing yourself a new one" has totally a new meaning now!  So with the band playing on and me breaking into a sweat from the shear uncomfortableness of the entire situation I was finally able to get out of the washroom and head for me desk.  Now maybe I have shared too much today "butt" I knew that people were waiting to hear how I am doing.  Next time you "pass gas" or are visiting the washroom remember that "I am somewhere in this world having a whole musical interlude playing" out of my hind end.  Chuckle it's ok...I do.
I will try to write the blog again tomorrow as long as all goes well.
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment