Wednesday 1 June 2011

Day Forty Seven - Dorothy This isn't Kansas!

 For the first time in my entire life I experienced the most remarkable thing....I was blown by the wind.  Yes, me...I was!  I am so thrilled.  Today the wind was insane in the KW Region.  Tried having dinner outside with everyone holding their plates and things down cause the wind is blowing like crazy. I don't remember ever having winds like that except when we had a tornado years ago.  My minature pinscher, Taco tried to run across the deck to get down to the lawn but the wind had other ideas....his little body was going sideways as his legs  were running forward....the look on his face was funny and he barked at the wind!  My darling husband thought it would be great to open the back and front windows to help cool off the house, but the winds ripped the curtain rod out of the wall , screws, plugs and all. Two of my pictures were knocked off the wall and dirty and dust is everywhere.  Oh well, guess I can leave the honey do list for him tomorrow!  I made some homemade soup tonight....turnip,chicken and sweet potatoes.  I think since I am having such a hard time eating right now that I am going to go back to soups for a few days.  I was not able to keep anything down eariler today but my boss suggested I just suck on ice chips all day and that seems to help.  I only had a baby forkful of rice and one bite of turkey breast at lunch and wow, one second you are fine and the next your stomach has exploded into your mouth.  There was no warning ...just barf!  I was less dizzy today than yesterday but am still having the light headed spells where the room moves very fast.  I need to call the bariatric clinic back and find out what I need to do...whether I need to go back to the hospital and have IV or just take a  day to rest. On a good note, they started to install the central air conditioning today.  They are still working on it but it should be up and running by tomorrow.  I am very excited.  For the first time since I left home I am finally going to have central air conditioning again...this is a joy.  NO more hot sweaty nights that lead to miserable days that follow.  I am very happy about this decision.  My mother in law is coming for dinner tomorrow evening so I made a Chicken Cordon Bleu lasagna just gotta grate some cheese on top tomorrow.  I am ready for bed.  Geoff and my dad got all the yard bags out to the road along with quite a few bags of garbage.  My back yard is starting to look good.  The shed doors are hung and look great.  Just need to do some painting around the gazebo then hang the curtains.  The coloured designs are in all the moonlites and they look so nice at night.  Just waiting on the large planter boxes and the 16 cement blocks I need to level them.  My vegetable plants are all doing well and need to be transplanted soon.  I am sad to say that a large stalk of my rhubarb plant broke off in the gale force winds we had.  I cannot wait for the rhubard to grow more and spread.  Sometimes my patience is just not good.  Just like with my weight....some days I just want it to be done....at my goal weight.  It's like I get anxious waiting....crazy eh.  Oh well, I will survive!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment